- We expect all guests to behave in a family-friendly manner. Line jumping, profanity and unruly behavior are not tolerated and may be cause for ejection from the Pier without refund
- Guests must wear appropriate clothing while on the Pier. Shirts, shorts/pants and shoes must be worn at all times. Pants must be pulled up fully to the waist, with no exposure of undergarments. Clothing with explicit language is not allowed. Shoes with wheels (Heely’s) are not allowed. Pleasure Pier reserves the right to refuse admission or ask anyone to leave who is not in compliance with these rules.
- Food & Beverage Policy
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. and our other concession stands are conveniently located throughout the Pier. Items purchased from Bubba Gump or Gump on the Run may be brought into the amusement area of the Pier.
The following Food and Beverage related items are not permitted on the Pier.
You may not leave the Pier with alcohol that was purchased on the Pier. Excessive consumption of alcohol is cause for ejection from the Pier without refund.
- Hard and soft coolers
- Bottled water
- Glass containers
- Food (such as sandwiches, meals, snacks etc.)
- Off-premise alcohol
Guests with medical diets or baby formula should speak with a Guest Relations park representative, at the Will Call Window, for assistance before entering the park.
Please no feeding the seagulls.
- Prohibited Items
- In addition to the restrictions mentioned under our Food & Beverage Policy, the following items are not permitted on the Pier:
All bags, backpacks and packages are subject to inspection prior to entering the Pier.
- Lawn chairs and folding chairs
- Markers, spray paint and aerosol cans
- Spiked clothing or jewelry
- Fireworks and explosives
- Firearms and ammunition
- Chemical weapons including mace or pepper spray
- Bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades and surf boards
(Bicycles must be parked and secured at designated bike racks in the Fish Tales parking lot. Pleasure Pier is not responsible for items that are stolen or left unattended)
- Pets are not permitted on the Pier, with the exception of service animals.
- We have a premium parking lot located directly across the street next door to Fish Tales restaurant. This lot takes credit cards and cash. Pleasure Pier is not responsible for fire, theft, damage or loss of vehicle including articles left within.
- Peak Season $10 / 3 hours ($2 every hour for a maximum of $16 for the day).
- Parking lot opens at 8am until 2am (next morning); cars will be towed at 3am if lot not vacated.
- Lost tickets $16.
- Do NOT leave ticket in vehicle.
- Only occupy ONE space. Vehicles parked inappropriately are subject to being towed at owner’s expense.
- Pricing subject to change/seasonal.
- Please leave items secure within your vehicle.
- $10 validation for diners spending $25 or more at Bubba Gump and Fish Tales restaurants during specific time periods. Ask your server for details.
- No tailgaiting, grilling or picnics.
- Bus, tractor trailer & RV parking is not allowed in premium lot.
- Vehicles may not be left overnight.
- Unauthorized or abandoned vehicles will be towed at owner’s expense.
- Shuttle Buses
- Most Galveston hotels provide shuttle service. Make sure to ask your hotel about transportation by shuttle and drop off locations.
- Paid all day lockers are available behind the main ticket entrance.
- Wheelchairs / Strollers
- Wheelchair access is provided at all attractions. For safety reasons, all strollers must be parked outside of attractions and not taken into ride lines. Pleasure Pier is not responsible for strollers or their contents left unattended on the Pier. We do not have a station to park strollers.
- ATM & Credit Cards
- US Bank ATMs are located at the Pier entrance, the Pier Games area and Gifts at Pleasure Pier. MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover and JCB are accepted at all ticket booths, restaurants and gift shops with proper identification.
- Smoking is not allowed on the Pier, except in two designated and marked smoking areas located at the front and end of the pier. Smoking is not allowed in ride or food queue lines, and not allowed when seated in a ride.
Please properly dispose of cigarette butts in smoking urns. Do not throw cigarette butts on the beach or in the water.
Galveston City Ordinance 11.5-10
- Fishing is not permitted off any area of the Pleasure Pier.
- No Littering
- Please help keep our Pier and Galveston Bay clean. Trash receptacles are conveniently located throughout the Pier and trash must be disposed of in these containers. Never throw trash or other objects off the Pier. This is grounds for ejection from the Pier without refund.
- Unaccompanied Minors
- Except when participating in an event intended for young guests such as our birthday parties and educational programs, there must be at least one adult chaperone (over the age of 18) for every 5 – 10 children.
- Rider Responsibility
- Line jumping is not permitted. To enter a ride queue line guests must have a ticket for that particular ride or be wearing an all day ride wristband (or accompanying a child). Guests are not permitted to save places in line, bypass others in line or exit and return to the same place in line for any reason.
We expect riders to act in a responsible manner when participating in amusement rides. Oral and written warnings are provided for your safety and must be followed. Guests who do not comply with ride rules may be ejected from the Pier without refund. For your convenience, ride rules and guidelines are posted at the entrance to every ride.
- Ride Restrictions
- Guests of certain heights and/or weights may not be able to enjoy some rides if the safety restraints will not function properly. Specific ride information is available at the individual ride and at the Information Center. Height check is available at each ride.
Guests with disabilities will need to speak with a Ride Attendant before riding.
- Loose Articles
- Loose Articles are not permitted on most rides and should be left in a locker or with a non-rider. Pleasure Pier is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Loose articles of any kind (including but not limited to iPods, purses, backpacks, and beverage containers) may not be taken past the queue entrance and cannot be left on the load/unload platform. Cell phones, iPods, cameras, or other small items must be secured in cargo pockets, zippered jacket pockets, or waist packs.
- Restricted Areas
- Guests may not enter restricted areas. Personal items that are lost in ride areas should be reported to the ride operator and the Information Center/Guest Relations. Guests who enter restricted areas may be ejected from the Pier without refund.
- Inclement Weather
- Rides are subject to closure due to inclement weather, including high winds and lightning. Refunds and rain checks will not be issued due to inclement weather.
- Re-entry Policy
- Guests who leave the Pleasure Pier and plan to return must have their wristband on at all times. When guests return to the Pier, they must enter through the main entrance. Transferring wristbands is a violation of Pleasure Pier policies and is strictly prohibited.
- Lost & Found
- Visit the Lost & Found at the Will Call booth to report lost and found items. We are not responsible for lost, missing or stolen personal property. If you have recently visited the Pier and lost an item please email email@example.com. To help us find and return your item, please include the following information:
Due to high volume, lost item reports are only kept active for 30 days. A team member will contact you only if your item has been located.
- Date and location item was lost or last seen
- Description of item - please be specific in regards to color, brand and any unique features
- If you lost a cell phone please provide serial number, make, model and service provider.
- Your contact information – phone number and address
- Please tell us if you completed a lost item report before you left the park.
- Commercial Photography
- By entering the Pier, guests grant the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier the right to film or photograph him/her on property, without payment or consideration. All photographs or videos taken by Pleasure Pier guests may only be used for their personal use and enjoyment and for no commercial purpose. All Pleasure Pier rides, shows, and attractions are protected by copyright. Guests must have written permission to use photographs and/or video of the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier images for commercial broadcasting, advertising, marketing, or publishing in any medium. Media may contact DPW Public Relations at 713.224.9115.
- Guest Services & Information Center
- The Information Center is located at the Will Call window at the entrance to the Pier. There are always team members, management and security on-site to assist you with your needs.
- Park Policy Compliance
- In addition to the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier Guest Code of Conduct, guests are required to comply with all local, state and federal laws, as well as individual park policies, rules and instructions posted or otherwise listed. This is inclusive of the Federal Rider Responsibility Act.